Marriage & Civil Union License


Marriage Heart

Both parties should come to the Clerk's office at same time to apply for a license.

Proof of age and Social Security number are required.

If either party is under the age of 18 or both parties cannot come in, contact the office for additional information.

License must be used within 35 days of purchase.

Marriage or Civil Union must take place in Colorado.

After marriage or civil union, license must be returned to Rio Grande County Clerk’s office within 63 days.

After the certificate is recorded, the original certificate, the application and a certified copy of the certificate will be returned to the parties at no additional cost.

Marriage or Civil Union License - $30.00
Additional copy of recorded certificate - $2.00
Certified copy of recorded certificate - $3.00